Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Bart


I've spent over a year working on this painting--it's a large, colorful abstract inspired by a photograph I took at a quilt show when I visited in Santa Monica a few years ago. I worked the surface layering paint and glazes over the colors enjoying the process and the outcome. Once it was declared finished, I hung it on the kitchen wall. My son immediately declared that the image looked like Bart Simpson in sunglasses. I never saw it--but now I can't look at the painting without seeing Bart. Geez!

4 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

HIlarious -- but cool '->

Ken Schneyer said...

I just ran across a 2005 comment from you referring to "Ruth Edberg, my old humanities teacher."

Since she was my old humanities teacher too, I wonder whether we know each other. (Can't find your name...)

Ken

DetroitGirl said...

I'm incognito actually because I teach and I like the blog to be a place where I can write anything I want to. I had Ms. Edberg at Groves in 1967. When did you have her?

Ken Schneyer said...

Auntie Ruth was my teacher about ten years after she was yours, at Cranbrook-Kingswood. I never knew she'd taught at Groves!