Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 13, 2006

Stormy Kromer


Every once in a while a really perfect thing comes along and its very existence is satisfying. We were visiting the U.P (Upper Peninsula of Michigan) this last winter and went into a small shop that sat almost on Lake Huron. It was 10 degrees and sunny--the town was almost empty save a few pickup trucks and a snowmobile or two. That's where I got my "Stormy Kromer." It's the greatest winter hat $25 can buy. And it has a history--written inside the cap--on the label. I won't spoil it for you. It's made in Michigan--all the better. Sadly, it's probably too warm to wear in the spring--but anything that can make me look forward to next winter is a really blessing. Thanks, Stormy.

3 comments:

Michael Nolan said...

Do they have a website? I'd like to order one...

DetroitGirl said...

I'll buy you one for your Birthday the next time I'm in the UP. Not that couldn't order one online--but it will add a bit to the authenticity if it actually travels over the bridge!

Anonymous said...

www.stormykromer.com/