Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 05, 2005

What Was She Wearing??

The first question a right-wing conservative will ask when told about a rape on a deserted street, late at night is, "What the hell was she doing there at that time?" Moreover, if the woman was wearing a mini-skirt and a thong, she must have been "asking for it." Yet, these same folks become apoplectic if anyone even hints that the US might possibly be doing something (oh, I don't know...occupying their country???) to provoke terrorism. They refuse to examine the question at all and will persistently overtalk anyone who wonders aloud about the wisdom of our current situation.

As a Peace Movement veteran, I have been spit at, shouted at, called names, threatened, and nearly run over for suggesting that peaceful solutions can be found for all problems, big and small, domestic as well as global. Okay, so I give up. The next right-winger who so much as raises an eyebrow at me risks a massive head injury. Are you happy now?

1 comment:

Michael Nolan said...

"The next right-winger who so much as raises an eyebrow at me risks a massive head injury. Are you happy now?"
...made me laugh out loud!

But take heart; their position is getting harder and harder for them to defend. As Bu$h's poll numbers drop, you and I are becoming more mainstream every day!